Mallorca Property, Lifestyle and Information
On the Rise: Sóller Townhouses with Pools
September 20, 2021
Many people are discovering that Mallorca is more than a place for a quick holiday getaway. It is becoming a popular place for people to relocate, on their own or with their families, or to purchase a holiday property. And many are turning west to the Tramuntana to the beautiful town of Sóller. The area surrounding Sóller is filled with spacious fincas, villas, and other types of detached homes. However, people wanting to stay in the hustle and bustle of town are opting for townhouses. Not wanting to sacrifice outdoor space, we’ve noticed a trend of clients seeking Soller townhouses with pools or with the outdoor space to install a pool. they can enjoy the beautiful Mallorcan sunshine all year long.
Why You Should Buy a Townhouse in Soller
Are you stuck between buying a townhouse or a detached property? Here are some wonderful perks that come with purchasing a townhouse:
- Lower price point – Because buying a townhouse in Soller means purchasing less physical land than a detached house, you can often find these properties for sale at lower price points. This means that you would have a lower mortgage and lower monthly payments. Use the money you would save to travel around the island and eat at some of Sóller’s best restaurants.
- Minimal upkeep – With less land comes less maintenance. Townhouse gardens are smaller which means lower costs and effort for upkeep. This applies to amenities as well. If the townhouse has a pool, it will generally be smaller than a pool in a detached house.
- Ample space – Though the land size may be smaller, Soller townhouses typically do not call for a sacrifice in space. Most townhouses have multiple bedrooms and bathrooms, roomy living spaces, eating areas, and space to entertain. They are simply on multiple levels. In addition to great indoor space, the large majority of townhouses include outdoor space as well. Garden amenities can be right outside of your backdoor. This makes them great for all types of residents, from families to couples, young professionals to retirees.
- Location – If you don’t want to sacrifice space for location, a townhouse is the property type for you. Because they’re multi-level and don’t require large amounts of outdoor space, they can be located in the center of all of the action with shops and restaurants can be right outside of your front door. Hence the reason that living in a townhouse in Soller can give you the best of both worlds.
- Passive income potential – Townhouses in Soller are highly desirable rental properties. You can put your townhouse on the market for long-term renters or they can be a holiday rental, such as an Airbnb. Since they’re typically in a central location, this makes them easy to market to letters and holidaymakers. If you’re looking for a source of passive income, owning a townhouse to rent in a popular location like Sóller could be a great investment
Having a Pool in Your Soller Townhouse
There’s nothing quite like taking a dip or having a swim in the privacy of your own garden. Owning a townhouse doesn’t have to equal losing this luxury. Many townhouses on the Sóller real estate market have pools or have the space to install one. While the outdoor spaces are smaller this only means the pool would be smaller. This means lower costs to build the pool and to maintain it.
Perks of Having a Pool
- Increase property value – A property with a pool is a desirable commodity. Especially in a place like Mallorca. So if you ever choose to sell, having a pool can call for a higher price tag.
- Increase rental value – Many renters seek properties with special amenities such as a pool. If you plan to rent your townhouse, a rental property with a pool can allow you to increase rental rates. This could be a great addition to the passive income you would receive from your rental property.
- Physical benefits – Swimming is regarded as one of the best forms of exercise. Not only would you have a pool to relax by, but also a place to do your daily workout.
- Beat the Spanish heat – Mallorca’s claim to fame is 300 days of sunshine. And that Mediterranean sun is strong! The sea is a beautiful place to cool off and luckily the island isn’t short of beaches and calas. However, there are some days when you simply don’t want to leave the comfort of your own home. That’s when having your own pool comes in to save the day to help you cool off.
- Year-round enjoyment – The end of summer doesn’t have to mean the end of swimming and laying out in the sun. With your own private pool, you can swim at any time of the year, especially when it’s heated. Also, it’s great to have when hosting your friends and family in any season.
Make Sóller Your New Home
The Sóller area is the perfect place to call your new home. It draws in many potential homeowners, inviting them to take a step back in time while taking in the towns’ charm steeped in history. The gorgeous Serra de Tramuntana, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the Mediterranean Sea frame Sóller and Port de Sóller making for draw-dropping views. Because of the location, nature is extremely accessible. There are many hikes in the area including hikes to Deià. Also, the coast also makes for great swimming, snorkeling, boating, and diving.
Sóller isn’t one of Mallorca’s biggest towns. However, it’s still close to all of the action on the island. Of course, Palma, the biggest city on the island, is very close as well. In just about 30 minutes, you can reach the city center which is great for day trips as well as accessing the international airport. The bustling Sóller area is a great place to meet locals. And thanks to the large expat community, you can meet people from around the world too. Sóller is growing in popularity so now is the perfect time to invest in your new home!
Available Townhouses for sale from Sóller Properties
We have many beautiful Sóller townhouse properties available for you on our website. In addition to townhouses, you can also find detached homes, villas, penthouses, and more in and around the Sóller area. Let us help you find your next luxurious property! See all properties for sale here.
Register For Free To See Our Off-Market Portfolio
Many property owners opt for discretion when selling their property. Access our off-market portfolio by registering here.